A MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
Marti Correa de Garcia – 2016-2017
Welcome to the web-page of Rotary Club of Santa Barbara North. Our club was chartered in 1959 and continues to serve the Santa Barbara community and international arena by our dedicated members.
If you would like to visit our club, please join us for lunch, our members are friendly and yes, we have lots of fun at our meetings.
Briefly, our involvement in AVENUE OF SERVICE includes:
• “Community Service” committee adopted over thirty years ago Adams Elementary School, a local Santa Barbara school. We have worked with the Principal and staff on many projects, for example the school library and annual campus cleanup.
• “Youth Service” committee participates with RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards) in sending high school students to take part in a leadership training camp, a life changing experience for the young adults who attend.
• “Vocational Service” committee showcases professionals in the Santa Barbara community that have excelled in their profession.
• “International Service” committee has ongoing programs supporting villages in Africa and Mexico with water wells and health services. We also partner with other local Rotary Clubs in their community & international outreach programs and have an ongoing sister city Rotary Club relationship in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
As you can see, we continue to be a busy Rotary Club, come by and visit us anytime. If you are interest in becoming part of this vibrant club give me a call or contact Mark Gallo our membership chair. I also forgot to mention that our Charitable Foundation assist non-profit organizations through grant request, visit the web-page (www.rotaryclubsbnorth.org/ foundation.htm), foundation President Michael Bergquist can also be contacted for more information.
Yours in Service,
Marti Correa de Garcia
Rotary Club of Santa Barbara North
|Program January 11th||Bob Li||Samarkand||From Near Death to Happy Success-Liquidity after 25 Years of Perserverance|
|Pledge and Invocation||Derek Carlson|
|La Noticera Reporter||Derek Carlson|
|Spotlight Presentation||Mark Gallo|
Other recent Lunch Programs have included:
- Michael Kramer – Ameravant
- Nick Frankle – Rotary Disrict 5240 Governor
- Lori Gaskin – Santa Barbara City College President